Mightex Systems, is a market leader in developing and producing photonic systems for life science research. Our most recent innovation, the OASIS Implant, is an all-optical system for cellular resolution optogenetics and calcium imaging in freely-behaving animals, a ground-breaking tool that will enable neuroscientists to make new discoveries about how the brain works.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing post-sales support to our customers using the OASIS Implant. The type of support provided will include biological and surgical guidance, overall experimental design, technical training and troubleshooting, as well as data analysis. The candidate will be required to provide support both remotely and in person by periodically travelling to customer sites. They will also be required to contribute their expertise during the pre-sales stages to help customers determine how to apply Mightex solutions to their research goals. If you are a self-motivated neuroscientist who is interested in cutting-edge technology and in contributing to the advancement of neuroscience and brain research, this is an exciting opportunity for you.
- Provide hands-on scientific and technical support for neuroscience labs with Mightex equipment from experimental preparation to implementation
- Organize and conduct training sessions
- Assist with drafting new scientific and technical support resources that are provided to customers
- Track progress of assigned customer cases
- Report customer challenges and new experimental requirements to the Product Development team
- Support sales team members when scientific expertise is required for a customer case.
- Flexibility to be able to handle some new incoming sales inquiries when required.
- Participate in international trade shows, seminars, and roadshows.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience
- Previous experience with in vivo calcium imaging and optogenetics in rodents. Expertise with viral transfections (e.g., GCaMP) and GRIN lens implantation is a must
- Previous experience with head-mounted miniature microscopes is an asset
- Strong analytical and hands-on skills are essential to provide accurate and quality customer training and guidance
- Excellent teamwork skills and able to collaborate effectively across multiple departments
- Delivers a positive customer experience; listens to and understands the customer's needs and recommends solutions
- Demonstrates sound professional judgment in analysing, responding to, and resolving enquiries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally to customer sites
- Legally able and cleared to work in Canada
How to Apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.