The Advanced BioImaging Facility (ABIF) at McGill University in Montreal, Canada is looking for a candidate for a full-time research associate position as an Image Processing and Analysis Specialist.
With a strong focus on interdisciplinary work, the position will involve addressing research questions from diverse fields such as cell biology, cancer biology, biophysics, neuroscience and cellular biomechanics. McGill is ranked among the finest research-intensive universities in the world. They will have opportunities to attend seminars from world-renowned scientists speaking in Physiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering and the Goodman Cancer Research Centre. There will also be links to the private sector for the development of custom acquisition and analysis software tools.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently on image processing and analysis to develop combined image correlation microscopy and traction force microscopy in 1D, 2D and 3D cell cultures. Development of custom algorithms and an advanced user interface for these processes in MetaMorph.
- Work independently with on other image processing and analysis of research projects of ABIF facility users work in cancer biology, neuroscience, cell biology and bioengineering.
- Advanced image processing and analysis in MetaMorph, ImageJ/FIJI, MatLab, Imaris, Arivis.
- Custom journaling in MetaMorph.
- Custom macro development for ImageJ/FIJI.
- Custom image processing and analysis development in MatLab.
- Oversee image storage database and links with Calcul Quebec.
- Keep abreast of the literature in the area.
- Take a lead role in manuscript writing.
- Present the work at national and international meetings.
PhD with experience in areas including Computer Science, Biophysics, Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Bioengineering or a related field with an excellent track record for innovative research at the graduate level.
Specific Experience Required:
- MetaMorph Journaling.
- ImageJ/FIJI macro development.
- MatLab scripting.
- Imaris image processing and analysis.
- Familiarity with advanced light microscopy technologies.
Candidates should send a cover letter indicating their area of scientific expertise, their curriculum vitae, a one-page statement of interest in the position, and the names and contact information of three references to Dr. Claire Brown at email@example.com
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.