Job offer from Nikon:
WORK FOR A GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED WORLD LEADER!
If you're looking to join a company with a dynamic vision for the future, set your sights on a challenging career with Nikon Instruments Inc. Recognized among America's ten most respected brands, our products continually set new standards in each of their respective industries.
Nikon Instruments Inc. is a world-renowned company that provides cutting edge technologies for optical instrumentation. We offer a creative and national working environment with highly motivated colleagues, team spirit, and excellent working conditions with comprehensive benefits and ongoing professional development opportunities.
We are currently looking for a Biosystems Technical Specialist based in Nikon US headquarters at Melville, NY to troubleshoot and prioritize support requests regarding digital imaging systems. As a member of Software Systems Department, the individual will work with the software support group, service team, and product managers to provide support for customers and/or NII representatives.
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES**: *
- Work with NII Software team to triage and prioritize incoming support requests of advanced digital imaging systems.
- Interface with Product group and Service team to provide application/ hardware/ software support.
- Understand biological research applications and provide customized solutions to fulfill customer’s needs.
- Work with NY Service team to evaluate/ repair equipment.
- Product testing and document results.
- Develop and deliver trainings for internal staff and customer.
- Work with the Service Department on critical equipment installations and on-site service visits as needed.
- Participate in software project developments.
- Advanced knowledge of optics, lasers, and digital microscopytechniques.
- Understanding and experience with fluorescence, confocal, and super resolution microscopy applications.
- Ability to comprehend complex topics and present them in an understandable format.
- Ability to work independently under challenging situations.
- Experience with technical support/ development in microscopy
- industry or research institutes. Imaging core facility experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel 10% (overnight and possibly international).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please visit our website https://careers.nikoninstruments.com to apply. If you are unable to apply via that online system without reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request that a reasonable accommodation be made.