The Program is dedicated to the training of scientists and engineers who work at the interface of optics and the following application sectors: environment, nutrition and health. It offers students and interns a unique, rich and multidisciplinary training experience.
As a satellite partner of the Sentinel Program, SMAART focusses on the engineering of new innovative optical tools that tackle technology implementation in extreme environments with smart, autonomous and adaptive designs.
The general objective of the program is to provide talented students and interns a transdisciplinary training experience in applied optics that will pave the way to the development of new measurement tools and their deployment in the field.
In joining our SMAART Program, students and interns will:
- Understand and evaluate constraints posed by a specific problem in application sectors such as the environment, nutrition and health;
- Innovate using smart, autonomous and/or adaptive strategies and tools;
- Develop rugged devices through sound engineering practices;
- Deploy these tools in the field for successful data acquisition;
- Acquire transdisciplinary knowledge at the interface of optics and an application sector such as the environment, nutrition and health.
Learn more on the SMAART program webpage at ULaval