Molecular Tools Platform - Overview
Molecular Tools Platform Team
Coordinator: Marie-Eve Paquet Ph.D - firstname.lastname@example.org
Viral vector production specialist: Nizar Chetoui Ph.D.
Ann Lorrain B.Sc., molecular biology
Isabelle Labonté Ph.D. molecular biology and flow cytometry, Cell sorting platform
Marc Boisvert Ph.D. virus production and development
Anne Sebilo M.Sc. In Vivo testing
Hugo Orosz B.Sc. plasmid production/molecular biology
MTP is a vector core facility service localized at the CERVO Brain Research Center. The platform provides the CERVO community and the Quebec and Canadian researchers services in gene transfer technologies, molecular biology, the generation of transgenic animals and the production of viral vectors. MTP allows researchers to have access to consultation, technical assistance or to order a turn-key project for which our team takes care of all the steps from the draft strategy to the delivery of the finished product. We develop, amongst others, genetic tools that allow the expression of fluorescent proteins used in imaging of the nervous system.
The services offered by MTP can be divided into two areas of expertise:
1. Molecular constructions: Design, cloning and production of molecular constructions in order to produce plasmid expression vectors or to generate transgenic animals (Knock-out or Knock-in animals).
2. Viral vectors: The design and production of various viral vectors. This service includes advice and assistance for the choice of suitable vectors required by investigators. The platform produces different virus vectors including:
- Adenovirus (Ad5)
- Adeno-associated virus AAV-2 with different pseudotype; 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 2-retro.
- Lentivirus (VSV-G + Rabies) 2nd and 3rd generation
- Retrovirus (VSV-G pseudotyped)
To place an order
For additional information or to place an order for a molecular construction or viral vector, please contact Marie-Eve Paquet, platform Coordinator: email@example.com.
Once your order has been reviewed, you will receive a quote for approval. We will also provide an estimated date of delivery.
MTA: Material Transfer Agreement
If you require an existing construction developed by the platform, you will need to sign a "MTA", please contact Marie-Eve Paquet to obtain a copy.